Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Funny movie by homegrown Ester Dome denizen

I reviewed this movie back in 2002, way before the producers had managed to get it out to a distributor. We (family members of the co-producer and screenwriter, Brian Wescott, and us neighbor types) got to see Christmas in the Clouds from a demo tape made to entice producers and distributors. It was a stitch. I said then, and I say now, that it is worth seeing twice. Since that winter, the movie has won scads of awards and praise. Brian, who was my next-door neighbor while we were growing up, has worked on historical documentaries and a few dramas. Now it's playing at the Loon, I'm happy to say, and I intend to go see it again.

Brian has a small part in the film, too, and is currently its publicist. Check out this interview!
An excellent flick.

No comments: