Monday, September 25, 2006

Devine pillow fight

and no, that's not a typo. Hans and I watched Waking Ned Devine last night. I've seen it before, but it was delightful to see it again. I laughed so hard my sides hurt. For those of you who don't know this movie, it's about a tiny village (52 residents) on an Irish island. One of the residents wins the Irish lotto, and dies from the shock of it. His buddies find him dead with the winning ticket in his hand, and (after a beatific vision) realize that Ned wanted them to have some of his "chicken dinner". So now the trick is to get the whole village in on the scam...

Among the scenes that live in my memory is of the old farts riding a motorcycle at top speed, in the nude, through the countryside...

Anyway, after recovering from laughter, Hans and I had a marvelous pillow fight. He knows some tricky martial pillow art moves, though, complete with sound effects and "Haieeeee!" exclamations. Very good sideways feints. But I got him pretty good, until he trapped both my pillows (we were double-fisting it). Of course, then it was a draw, because he couldn't whap me without letting go of my weapons of down-filled might, whereupon I'd whap him upside the head good. (He had to take off his glasses.)

No comments: