Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Correcting a serious error about Don Young's vote

My, Representative Young is getting a lot of press from me these days. I made what is, to my mind, a significant error in my critique of Don Young's voting record. In item #9, where I took him to task for not having shown up to vote on the USA PATRIOT Act, I accused him of having gone ahead and voted for extending the sunsetted provisions. I looked this up at the time, but evidently not on a reliable website. Young did not, in fact, vote to extend. So far as I can tell, his Libertarian streak was going strong, as he voted against every extensionof its liberty-infringing powers.

My apologies, Rep. Young. I just wish your Libertarian streak was functioning when you voted on the Military Commissions Act.

No comments: