Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The sincerest form of flattery

I find it quite entertaining that the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner's new format and content changes reflect quite a few things that emulate the Republic: for example, they are actively soliciting photos and poetry from the public. I see many of the authors I've been publishing, but I see also that the manner in which these people's work is presented is in a rather "cool stuff by amateurs" sort of way. They've also taken on the man-in-the-street Question of the Day thing that the Sun Star does.

As time goes on, I feel more strongly that the Republic has its own niche, and that really, the News-Miner can't compete with it. The reverse is true also, of course--the Republic isn't a daily, and not really a newspaper. Of course, it's not really a magazine either...

My thoughts on this make me laugh--the Republic's got a print run of only 525-575...

1 comment:

Coldfoot said...

Funny. The News-Miner isn't really a newspaper.