Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fell down on my kiester today

...but not nearly as much as I thought I would! I went skating today, briefly, making it once around the rink (like, around the very edge, trying to stay out of the way) while the Ester Hockey League and the Sheep Creek Stalagshites went at it blade and stick after the ol' hockey puck at the Ester Community Park. Even though I was VERY wobbly, it was loads of fun, and I'm going to go down there tomorrow for a little more arm-windmilling and butt-bruising. Good thing there's lots of nice cool snowbanks to rest in from time to time.

Hans and Dan White of the Rural Library Project got to watch the fun on the sidelines, with a few kids. Mr. Yellowpants showed up with his kids, but they came out to skate—very good at it, too. Dan White was up here on vacation, got referred to the Ester librarians by Judie Triplehorn at the Keith Mather library on campus, and so we gave him the tour of the Ester library and the new grounds.

No comments: