Saturday, November 22, 2008

Food co-op fundraiser

Hans and I are going to the Fairbanks Community Cooperative Market fundraiser tonight. The local news media have been giving it fairly good coverage, with a few stories in the News-Miner and Latitude 65 and an interview on KUAC. Not sure how long we'll stay, but it ought to be a fun time, and I plan to sign Hans and I up as members. Here's the skinny:
The Fairbanks Community Cooperative Market Fundraiser, DANCE and Dessert Auction!
(Please feel free to donate your favorite dessert for the cause)
THIS Saturday, Nov. 22, Doors open at 7:00
In the Denali Building 3354 College Rd. (The former Democratic Hdqtrs. across from Mike's Chevron)
Suggested donation: $10
Everyone welcome!
Music by Pat Fitzgerald, Robin Dale Ford, Alex Clarke & special guest, Ron Veliz!
Since I'm the blogmistress, I should at least poke my head in the door! But the music sounds like fun, and I'm interested in the meeting part of it that's also supposed to be happening.

No comments: