Sunday, March 29, 2009

The pertinent point

As Progressive Alaska and others have pointed out, Mike Doogan was wrong to out Mudflats. As Mudflats herself says,
The big picture, the thing that should outrage all of us, despite political party or affiliation, is this: an elected official in a position of power and authority utilized state resources to deliberately and with malice, knowing there would be negative consequences, impinged on the free speech and privacy rights of a private citizen.
What matters is not which team is in office, what matters is how they play the game. And Doogan is not playing fair, or with rectitude. This was sleazy.

3 comments:

Darrow said...

And here I was...
happily sketching Sarah Palin and this shit hits the fan! Bastard!
My ire is being re-directed. I hope it offends someone special.
D

jamie said...

Oh yeah? So says the librul coward hiding behind his anonymous pseudonym: I should out yer ass right now...
Hey wait, that gave me an idea...

Darrow said...

HA! I'll do it fer ya...
Daniel J Darrow
not to be confused with
Daniel S. Darrow (Anchorage)
who bounces checks.
I used to get a double take when paying with checks at St. Freds.