Sunday, February 12, 2006

The canary continues to sing

Well, well, well. The Honorable U.S. Representative Don Young has been implicated in the Abramoff scandal. Still, nothing really rotten has come to light yet.

According to the Anchorage Daily News, ol' Stevens and Young have "rung up more than $180,000" on travel paid for by private interests, an above-average use of privately funded travel (I'll say!). Both of them have had 20 trips since 2000 paid for by private groups. Lisa Murkowski, on the other hand, has only accepted 3 since 2002.

I think there's something to be said for not having members of Congress in office for several decades. They get blasé about this sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Well, well, well. The Honorable U.S. Representative Don Young has been implicated in the Abramoff scandal. Still, nothing really rotten has come to light yet."

Oh just give time. Rest assured something rotten will come of it. But I'm not cynical or anything.

Like your blog. I'm still a Democrat, albeit a very disenchanted one. I do believe a viable Green Party from the outside can potentialy pressure the Democratic Party into the right direction. As for me, I'll just keep hammering away from within.