Monday, January 19, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho, it's to the printer we go!

Ah, yes, yet another print-ready PDF is off to the printer, to be magically turned into a paper-and-ink newspaper. Well, a paper-and-toner newspaper/magazine. Anyway, it is en route via the lovely traffic-jammed dialup tubes of the Internets. Takes forever to get a dinky little 9 megabyte file across town. Of course, this would all take much, much longer if I had to do it on an old-fashioned printing press. Maybe I should try it sometime, do an actual print job. Ye Olde Art Project Edition of The Ester Republic. Might be pretty fun. Time-consuming, tho'.

Well, if we ever do go back to low-tech, or I retire or something, then maybe we'll have this on the cover:
$2.00 - OR FOOD

Dogsled delivery extra
Plus artsy-fartsy hand-done type. Cool.

So now all I have to do is get the subscriber lists and labels ready, finish up calculating what I owe my book authors for the last quarter of 2008, get my tax statements generated, submit items to the Alaska Press Club, and whip up an ad for Mystery Magazine for McRoy & Blackburn.

But first, I think I'm going to go play my ukelele…

No comments: