Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A memorable man

Well, I found out a few minutes ago that an old lover of mine, Hans Klint, died recently. I don't know the details yet, but he was influential in my life. Crazy as a bedbug, talented and charismatic and really wonderful, but not too strong on the usual social skill set that is required of Responsible Citizenry. Still, a good poster man for why insanity is not all bad.

I've downed a shot of Smirnoff vodka in his memory. I'll probably have to do some blues and/or jazz singing for him, too. He could sing "My Funny Valentine" like nobody's business. Used to sing at The Roof here in Fairbanks. Got thrown out of a few Two Street bars, too. He worked at the Blue Marlin (as did I) for a few years, and we would sing in some kick-ass jam sessions after hours down there. But he went off and grabbed the till and headed south on an airplane (until Chicago, where the pilot decided he wasn't the best thing for the passengers' wellbeing), and our relationship fell from together.

I don't recommend living with bipolar manic/depressive types, but it IS interesting, and does provide good broadening experiences that help cultivate both compassion and unwillingness to put up with nonsense--basically because, in my case, it helped me figure out what nonsense looked like.

Damn damn damn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry.