Tuesday, November 13, 2007

books still up the wazoo

Despite not having received one of the several manuscripts supposedly headed my way (or rather, the contract for the manuscript), and having another author (Lee Post) decide to go with a different publisher, I still have many many books to deal with.

At the (UAF) office, we are poised to send Like A Tree to the Soil: A History of Farming in Alaska's Tanana Valley off to the printer. This week! Whoooeeee! This project has been in the works at the School of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences for more than three years. It will be good to finally get it out!

I sent my first order to Amazon today--hoo, boy, was that pricey. I MUST find a way to ship to them that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...

And, I'm happy to announce that (although I can't seem to get the ding-nabbed book-o-meter graphic up on the sidebar where I want it) the Ester Republic Press now has $1800 in reserve for Jamie Smith's first new book in nine years or so. That's almost halfway there! (send your loans my way, please!)

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

Hi Deirdre... Sure wish I could help with the publishing project. They sound great.

Ish

Deirdre Helfferich said...

Thanks, Ishmael. Jamie's a very talented man--and funny as hell. The books will sell like hotcakes, I'm quite sure, but I have to get them in hand first...